
We have been waiting for this time for awhile now. We have been "somewhat" patient, if I have to tell about myself, I haven't been that patient at all. Oh my, oh my... the paper work... unbelievable.
I needed a few papers to get.
1. Clean Police Record... hehehe it was no problem to get.
2. A certificate of marital status.
3. A certificate from work and income
4. My birth certificate
5. A declaration of religion
6. Marriage Licence.- What can I say? This was the one we failed to prove the last time, in May.And it took soooo much of our money. The process of getting this is...Wally had to go to a

notary and declare he want to marry me, and there are nothing against the law for him to take me for his wife. And he took it to stamp it at municipality...judges...ministry of foreign affairs...and sent it to me by Fedex. I translated it in a 2 day translation...and went to the municipality and applied to my marriage licence.
After one week, I received the papers back as denied... because the Hungarian Embassy from Morocco didn't certify that paper with a diplomatic certification...so I sent it back with Fedex... and our friend, Brahim, tried to help us to take care of this business because he lives in Rabat, and the embassy is in Rabat also. Then the Brahim went to the embassy

almost every day for one week. Finally I called the consul and made an appointment with him for our friend. And finally finally we got that certification on the document! And
he Fedexed it back to me....As soon as I received this paper I went to the City to take care of the paper. Listen to this. I applied through the municipality... they said, I get the reply in ONE month... I took it there personally, and it was done in ONE and a half hours. When it was done, I took it to the translating office and did a one day translation on it... yeah, I felt I was rich paying all this money. Oh well, but I needed it. And after I was done with the translations, I had to take the papers to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to certify them...after that...I took the papers to the Moroccan consul in Budapest to certify all the papers. Yep... and after that...I celebrated with a dance in the rain...nah, not really, but with that I finished the legal papers here, in Hungary.
Buying my airplane ticket was another fun thing.. That's one thing, that close to the travel time there was not much choice for me. I pretty much took what I found, luckily I found a flight that went to Rome had a short

layover and had another plane to Casablanca, but coming back home..well, leaving was in a decent time, but I had a 24 hour layover in Rome.. So, no other choice (just with longer layovers). So I did my reservation at 11pm (on Wednesday night) and I was waiting for the confirmation email, but I haven't received it, so I called the company where I made the reservation and they told me, oh, they have a rule, if somebody makes a reservation, the office has to print out a ticket and confirm...but I made the reservation at night, and they are not working that time... so my reservation got canceled. The woman at the office was very great, and I pretty much got the same reservation back for the same money, one day before I was leaving. Man... stress...stress...stress

BUT, everything worked out, and on Sunday, December 6th, I took a train to Budapest, took the subway, took a bus and went to the airport. Maybe sounds complicated, but it's very easy. I got there early, but oh well, I had plenty of time to relax. My plane took off around 5.45pm, and went to Rome, comfortably found my next flight which left on time (yippee). I was on fire, soo excited, very nervous, very much in love. Passport control went fine. Oh, they are so serious, very strict in Morocco. Police is everywhere. And when I remember the first time when I arrived there...I appreciate every easy passport control. I had to wait for my suitcase for a long time, but Wally called, excited, waiting for me. And finally, I got my bag, and saw Wally.
Ohhhhh such happy time again. Oh I can't tell how happy I was to see him again, to be close to him. (but not getting my real kisses for a long time). I just looked at him wanting to touch his face, hold his hands. I was with him again!!!
We spent the night on the airport. Well, I arrived pretty late, after midnight, and we waited until 6 so we can leave with the first train to go to Rabat. Yeah, I was used to the nice warm, hot Morocco...but this time we

were sooooooo cold on the airport. And then, on the train, it's not enough, that it's cold out, they still run the AC too. We were so cold for a long time...
In Rabat we tried to find a hotel... but we didn't think about the option, "what if" we don't find something. After lots of walking and dragging my stuff around, we found a hotel for me, and he stayed with Brahim, luckily he lives close to the hotel too. So this is Monday. We had to go to the Ministry of Justice, to get a police record from Morocco. Yeah...they didn't let anybody in with me (who at least spoke the language), I had to go alone to the Ministry, they pointed me to go somewhere...but...yeah some people still speak English.. and very snotty about if somebody

doesn't speak French or Arabic...But I can tell you, this was the EASIEST paper to get. Absolutely no problem. Took them a few hours (in Hungary, for me, takes a few weeks). And surprise, surprise, I don't have a police record there either!!! Hurray... And after that I had to go to sleep. I was up all Sunday, traveled, and I was soooooooooooo cranky...oh my...nothing was good, and of course still very nervous, because it was the second half starting with the papers.
I called the Hungarian consul too, to ask about one paper. After he talked with someone...and yes, he can help, next day.

I went to sleep a few hours, and Wally went with Brahim, and we met up later in the evening, went to the 'souk', got something to eat.
Tuesday we met up again, and went to the embassy, to get a certification of nationality...Yeah... I guess, none of my papers say I am Hungarian...Birth certificate.. or my official translations...or my passport...nah...more paper MORE money, but hey gave me this certification based on my passport...Great...
This time, Wally had to do something, he didn't want to leave me at the embassy, but I told him to go and take care of his thing, and I will get back to the hotel. He was laughing, and asking, what? are you gonna take a taxi? It wasn't a bad idea. I just needed money, which I had. So after I

finished at the embassy, walked to the main road, waved a taxi, got in and said "barlimen", well, it sounds like that, but it's parliament, OK, for that case, if the driver doesn't understand me, Wally wrote it down too. But there was no problem. I knew where I wanted to go, it was just a bit away. The driver was nice, he didn't take me on a tour, just right on the spot I asked. I felt good!!! Now I can take a taxi. I went back to the hotel to wait for Wally... waited and waited for a long time...so I went to the souk and I bough a phone card, and I went to a store and asked somebody to help me because it spoke either French or Arabic...yeah, I don't speak either of them yet. By this time I was kind of fuming, I'm in Morocco...and alone...so I called... and said things that was not too kind.

Wally asked me where I am... I told him, I'm in the souk try to find me... and hang up. Oh I almost gave him a heart attack. He didn't know how I got the phone card, how did I get to the souk... But later, everything was well, we talked... a lot. He was not proud of himself that he taught me how to buy a phone card.. well, he didn't teach me, I just looked.. and I heard "charge"... so I gave the money, said charge, and got a phone card. Hehe Now, I am not that lost in this country.
Before we left Rabat, we met our friends for a few minutes, Brahim and his girlfriend, very nice people. I will be be grateful forever for Brahim for his help with our papers. I hope to see them soon, maybe at our next visit to Morocco!

So we were on to our trip to go to Agadir. Got on the train and went to Marrakech, maybe 4-5 hours on the train. But when the booth was empty but us, it was more comfortable, and we could even sleep for a little bit too. It was funny, I woke up, and looked out the window... and somebody was looking at me smiling and showing it's the end of the trip. Oh, lucky. So we got off, and went to the bus stop. The bus was about 4.5 hours long too. We both took medicine, learning from my last very bad experience. We were both very tired, so got some sleep too. It wasn't too bad, we didn't get sick. It was just LONG. I enjoyed being close to Wally. I want to travel with him more. But he doesn't like to travel that much, and gets a bit nervous about it too.

Agadir...Agadir. We got to uncle's home. And quickly I went to bed, so I can rest and sleep. Oh long travels...
On Wednesday Rochida helped us, and brought us papers from the doctor, because they don't accept the doctor's paper from Hungary... So one more paper down. But we went to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to certify my marriage license (not enough certification on it...) but this was easy too. And Wally Wally Wally, close to him.
Oh he has endless patience, I really hope so. At least he shows me that. I was at the end of the rope...no patience...no relaxing...little sleep...very nervous... we still have to talk to a judge..and police and they will decide if we get the permission to marry or not... and we are running out of

time.
Thursday we got our papers together, everything and went to the notary, we've met him before too. So he looked at our papers, and he found them well!!!! OK, one step closer. He walked us to the municipality, and we did some papers there too (I don't know what, Wally fixed them) and after we met the judge. But...we were kind of late, we were there on time, but the service is kind of slow...The judge was not in a good mood...threw some papers on the table...oh yeah, and we were sitting on a little couch so soft, when we set down, it squished down so much, it seemed like we were sitting on the floor. I felt really small.... but... he told us to go back for the papers in the morning. Maybe good news?

Friday we went back to the municipality and got the papers!!!! Now, we have to go to the police. This time uncle came with us. He knows some people... and probably moves some stones for us.. On this day, we had an interview with an officer. He looked at our papers, asked a few questions, and he told us to go back Monday (because of course nobody is working on the weekends). Uncle said it will be OK, Wally said it will be OK... but I just felt the time passing, and no new result. And of course...I am still very nervous. But still, being with Wally is sooo nice..
Monday, after lunch we got ready and went back to the police. It wasn't too hot, so I got dressed in my black pants and a black blouse and my leather jacket, and Wally was matching me :)

We waited for the officer a long time. And he came out with us. Gave some papers to Wally. And before he said good bye, he congratulated me... I didn't know why, but of course, I thanked him. We went back to the municipality, we had to have an interview with the judge now. And had to call a translator for me. The interview was very quick. The judge stamped the papers, and also congratulated....whatever... BUT WHEN??????????????????????????
And again... poor Wally running around for papers and we had to go after to the notary. The man told me, we have to call the translator again. Now, at this point, I was pretty upset. Why translator....we payed so much money for soooo little time and help before.. and now more. But

the man and Wally were saying, he needs to explain for me what's in this paper.. now I told them, I really don't care.... Yeah, my lovely man, forgot to explain something before, which if I know about, maybe I don't argue with them about the translator... We had to talk about dowry. Yep...And they wrote everything down about it. After all the explanations the translator looked at me and told me, after you sign that paper, you are legally married....
WOW.... I was shocked... I didn't know what to think? What was all about? I didn't understand. I wasn't prepared. I looked at Wally and asked him, are we getting married now? And he said yes.

Hehehe we didn't expect this!! Come on!!! I am romantic enough to dream about a white wedding and we wore black. hehehe We didn't even have time to get cold feet. hehehe. So they typed up all the legal stuff...they asked me if I want Oualia as my husband, and of course I said, YES, and they asked Wally if he wants me for his wife, and OF COURSE he said YES. We signed the paper... and ta-da, we are married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were there, uncle was there, the notary and the translator was there, and there was a man in the office too. We got married in an Islamic way, so as tradition, they prayed, which was a blessing on the new couple. I thought that was very special. I just wish I understood that prayer, oh well, time will come when I will understand.
So,
we got married on December 14th 2009, about 4.30PM. After this quick ceremony we got into the car and headed for home. My parents called me just right after we left, and I told them we got married, and my mom "you did what?" hehehe Nobody expected this quick. But everybody

was/and is very happy about it.
On Wednesday evening, we had a little, I mean LITTLE celebration, with pretty clothes and nice food. There was Uncle Mohamed his wife Rochida, Mother Salka, my sister-in-law Hana, and Coucou and his wife.
I received the traditional sahrawi (from the Sahara) bridal dress from Hana. I told Wally before, I want to go to the beach, I want to take pictures, like couples do before/after marriage. First he hesitated, and then he said OK. BUT then, when I saw my clothing...I very quickly changed my mind. It's pretty much a gauze, sooooooooooooooo thin. Oh my. It's a fabric of maybe 10feet, and it's nicely wrapped around the woman, there is a technique to it. Under the

fabric the woman wears a long stretch dress. So I had that dress too... but still.. in that thin dress I did not have the desire to go out in public. It was OK for a few minutes in the home. OH, on the picture it may look as white, yeah.. sure... this fabric was PURPLE!!!!! Thin and purple...very great! But I still made a beautiful bride!!!
After maybe 15 minutes in this thin clothing, my mother-in-law saved me from being uncomfortable...(the slip underneath liked to slide up....nah... not too comfortable), and she gave me another fabric (they call it melhfa), that is the brown one. And it's also pretty. And I could move in that one. We walked around the house. Took some pictures together. Anyhow...I got married in a city which has a beautiful beach, and I didn't

have pictures from there this time, but these pictures make up for that. At least I have pictures.
It was a very special time. Finally, what we were both wishing for came true, with lots of help. Uncle...I am sure talked with a few people in the municipality and at the police, we've heard before it takes a few days for the papers to go through. For us pretty much took only one day/place. (Except the police, but just because the weekend fell into that time phrase). Yeah..We slipped some money under the table too for quicker service. Well, Wally did, and I am not sure how much we spent like that.
We met a woman at the municipality on Thursday, when we started our papers in Agadir. She is from Finland. And she told me she's going home on Saturday, so they had only ONE more day to

get married and they were still running after the papers. After I arrived home, I contacted this woman, and she told me, yes, they got married on Friday..but she had to leave on Saturday.
I guess I was a lot luckier than she was. I was there with my husband 5 days (as being married, or 4 and a half), and traveled Friday night to go to Marrakesh, where my airplane was. Oh, the bus ride...I took 3 pills for not getting sick... and I still had to fight it. It's one thing the road is sooo lumpy...ups and downs...but there is not much room between the seats.. After the bus we took the train to Casablanca. Oh we were sooo lucky. Nobody came into that booth we traveled in, so we laid down and slept for a few hours, before people started arriving. We got off at a train station... and RUN to the other train...going down the stairs...running up the stairs...rain is pouring...but we caught the train. Hhhhh what a relief. From there, the airport was just 30 minutes away.

We had some time on the airport. Not 8 hours like last time, but still, several hours are still hard to spend, when you know you have to leave someone you love very much. I really don't like this parting stuff. I prefer to stay with him, I told him to jump in my pocket, I bring him home.. but somehow it seemed impossible. So we have plan B, which is, soon he will come after me and finally we can really be a family and be together. So we parted..heartbreaking..oh how much I don't like it. Wally doesn't like to see me cry... but it's hard to hold back sometimes. And what sucks...my airplane was late more than one hour...I shouldn't have gone in that early... :( Oh well. I flew to Rome. And waited more than 24 hours for my connection (to change my ticket to an earlier flight, which was about 3 hours late...would have cost me about 120 Euros....So I decided rather spend my time on the airport.) There were problems on the airports all over the colder parts of the world, airports got snowed in pretty badly, I had no clue what was happening in Hungary...Yeah, they got snowed in too. So I just hoped and hoped that my flight will leave. Yeah, it left, we were only an hour late. In Hungary, freezing BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD cold with lots of snow. But my mom and my brother were waiting for me on the airport. That was good, they brought me my warm jacket.
So, I had a quick trip, but we attained what we wanted. I met my man in Casablanca, took care of all the papers and married! I love him so much! And I wait for him to come to me soon!
2 comments:
Congratulations...I am so happy that you are happy...but what an adventure along the way. Things are a lot easier in the US!
All the best wishes that you are reunited soon.
So now the journey of a thousand steps is begun. Do you know the Carpenters? "We've Only Just Begun"... that's the two of you,luv...
Post a Comment