6/07/2010

Welcome to Hungary!!

Finally!!! FINALLY!! Wally arrived to Budapest on May 30. 2010. This day was such a happy day for both of us and for our families!!!!
What an adventure again!!! Some times I feel my life is CRAZY in an exciting way.
So, on May 30th, my parents and I traveled to Budapest to pick up Wally. We got to the airport quick and waited and waited... That's the hardest time, waiting... Finally the plane arrived...people came out... and we waited... and... Wally didn't come out... I went to information, and checked, the woman said, the plane has landed and all the people are out... But where is my husband??? Ohhh I was sooo nervous. But this woman was helpful, and checked, he left Casablanca, but the plane left late... so he missed the connecting flight..."I should check with Lufthansa"... I went and checked with Lufthansa, and they said, he had his ticket changed to the next flight, which was already in the air. My mom and dad had to leave and go home, but I waited patiently. The plane arrived...people came out... and I waited... and Wally came out. OHhhhh I was sooooooo happy to see him. And his great smile showed me the same feeling. I had my hugs again and some kisses too. And the smiles, all for me!!!
We traveled home, a little bit of bus ride, and subway and train and lucky we took the car to the train station... in the storm we didn't have to walk home. And at home!!! Anya and apa, my brother and his family, and grandmother was waiting!!! They were sooo happy to finally meet Wally in person.
I made some delicious fish for lunch and we had a small lunch together. Finally ALL my family was together on this day!!!! Wally met the "little" Bence and Viki. From the beginning they love him
(too). Viki saw him online many times before and sent him lots of kisses. But this time she was a bit shy and that was very funny.
Time is passing and Wally is getting used to being here. He can say it with very well Hungarian accent "Nem magyarul. Arabul. Angolul." "Not Hungarian. Arabic. English." But he is getting along well. Sometimes he surprises me with a word I wouldn't think he knows.
I am sure the food is different for him. Well, I KNOW. I love Moroccan food, and it's different. He experienced a few meatless meal, which he enjoyed. My friend made meatless stuffed cabbage, which was really really good , and even Wally had a second serving too. We try to make delicious Moroccan food too. I especially good at making the Moroccan bread. For sure he loves it, and that's the most important, but I love it too and my parents said the same thing too. So it's all good. So when I work in the afternoon shift, he usually waits me with food. Oh, and of course we found some meat for him in Budapest. I remember when we got home, and the first thing was taking the meat out of the bag, wash it... and put it on the stove. Quick meal turned out fantastic. And of course he is making the tea always. Now, as the weather is getting better, we can go in the garden and make it in the fire place that we built not long ago. (if only the mosquitoes would leave....!).
Wally is getting along great with my parents. The first day I left him "alone" at home, when I called home, all I was hearing is laughing, so all is good. Because my parents don't speak English (nor Arabic), Wally is not speaking Hungarian too well yet, so they talk with their hands... or draw... or... who knows, but they are doing well together.
We traveled to Budapest. But oh, we had such bad weather. We visited the Moroccan consul, and registered there with him. Mr. Driss is a very nice man, he helped me a lot when I had questions, and when I was ready to take my papers (for the marriage) to him for the final stamps. Very nice experience there.
We went to Székesfehérvár too, there we went to the immigration office for Wally's residence permit. Here, also, we had a nice experience. For some reasons I am not used to meeting helpful people. So there, we wanted to walk around in Székesfehérvár.. but the weather was bad too, this time also. Windy and cold.. (in June). Well, there will be other times when we can travel in better weather.
We had a chance to go to Dunaújváros and meet some friends there, and we went to Velence too (well, this is the place where we can go shopping now, because it's close, we have a car, and maybe in the summer we can go to the lake too).
Wally is so funny. He is changing a lot around the house... he thinks about something... and then... we have to work on it, and make it come true. And dang... sometimes he has interesting ideas. But lots of changes...Maybe he is bored a little bit, so he's thinking what we(he) could do, and I take his ideas too, if it makes a nice change.

No comments: