6/20/2009

Moroccan Vacation 2009

I flew to Rome then to Casablanca on May 22nd. What an adventure again. My flight was 1 hour late leaving from Budapest and I only had a little time (as I thought) to catch my plane in Rome, but with one hour delay I was sure to miss the flight. I run...run...run...I run barefoot...I got there plenty of time before boarding and they said that this flight also will be one hour delayed too. Lovely... What a run! But both flights were pleasant. I'm not afraid of flying at all.
And of course my flight was one hour late arriving to Casablanca too, long time going through security...costumes... more police checks, but everything was fine. And WALLY was waiting there for me (so was his cousin Boubaker). Sweet reunion, I was sooo happy.
With all the delay we missed the last train to go to Rabat, where we were going to say for a few days. This meant, we stayed about 6 hours in a cafe on the airport, talking, having some refreshments... dosing off... and talking more and just looking at each other and holding hands.

In the morning, with the 6 o'clock train we headed to Rabat. The train was very surprising. I guess, I might have been super ignorant or I don't know what I was thinking, what kind of trains I will have the chance to see, and experience a trip on. Maybe on the TV what I've seen before, in India... or some Arabic countries, when people hanging all around the train... now... that's not the case. The trains are nice. Air conditioned. (OK, in the super heat outside, and lots of people inside, sometimes you can't feel the AC, but it is there and working!) Very clean and save. And some of them 2 stories (well, there might be trains like that in the USA, but in Hungary we don't have those kinds, so it was a surprise to see those very nice trains too).
In Rabat we stayed in a hotel. I don't know if you could rate it with stars.... maybe 1/2 star... or so, but it was cheap definitely. So this was my room. Only a few square feet room.. The bed can fit in there and a little table with a chair. That's all.
Forget about the bathroom in the room....Maybe forget about the bathroom. I was kind of prepared for it...but I still wanted a shower... oh well... thank goodness for baby wipes!!!!!!! It's all I can say. And it's a good thing the Moroccans use the baby wipes too!
So the room looked "nice", but hey.... the security locks on the door
were better....or not... I stayed in room #3, and for some reason, we opened the door with room #2's key...with barely any problem...we thought it was just a bit stuck or something.... When I closed the door from the inside... I couldn't open it... The door opened to inside...and it was in a pretty bad shape... (I can almost say, my grandmother's outhouse's door was better than this one...).
I was afraid if I pull it hard, I will break it. It was a piece of...crap (?). So we arrived to the hotel in the morning... and while sleeping... somebody wanted to come in, with a key!!!
Well, at that time, we didn't know we mixed up the keys and we've go the wrong one...I wasn't happy. NOT at all. I stayed in this room alone, while Wally and Boubaker shared a room on the 2nd floor. Little bit of information, the single people stayed on the 1st floor, while married couples or 2 people of the same sex sharing one room, were up on the 2nd floor. We couldn't really be in the same room together, that could have cost some problems... Well, we still did, with the door open, him sitting on the chair at the door and me on the bed opposite to him, and pretty often they were cleaning in front of my room... Hehehehe... Yeah, they are very chaste...Or they want to take care of other peope's chastity. Which was OK by me, but a little privacy here and there would have been nice.

We went to see Rabat...Before I said, people drive crazy in Agadir...Rabat can not be compared to that... it is CRAZY and scary. The taxi drivers know how to drive there (or at least most of them...but the normal people....well, I would not trust their driving experience).
We walked around a lot. We went to see this very old mosque. The decoration details are so beautiful.
And from close it is very tall building. I think sometimes they still use this place for pray (but I'm not 100% sure about that)
This mosque is built on a land that was in the property of the king (and still is). On the other side of the land there is a mausoleum, where the present king's grandfather, his father and uncle are buried.
Everything is very old.
Old and beautiful. I enjoyed walking around there, in the sunset, very special feeling. And of course Wally was there too. (And Boubaker).

I can't tell you the feeling I felt, just to be in Morocco, and be so close to Wally again.
At these pictures it looks like some kind of place in Greece, but I was there, and definitely it wasn't in Greece.
This place was very clean, compare to other places throughout the
city. (Around the 'sook' or market, it's very dirty... men still stop by the walls if nature calls... it doesn't matter if women or anybody walks by.

WALLY AND I




Out in Rabat. This vacation's first picture together.
Oh, I miss him so much.

I love our pictures, it really proves that this really happened, and I was there with him being so close.



Several times, while being in Rabat, we've met Wally's friends, and
usually it was at this very same cafe.
Hehehe, this is a very special picture. We don't have to many pictures together, that WE didn't take, but someone else did. So, this is ONE of those pictures.
Look at my sweet man. Oh I love him so much.



On the beach in Rabat. It was a very beautiful night. Lovely walking outside. Beautiful weather and the best company I could wishe for.
I was so happy here, as you can see. He really does make me happy.




After this night...when this last picture (we were so happy here..) was made, next day, on the 26th of May, we went to the Hungarian embassy to talk with a consul about our papers...and they gave us the bad news, that I was missing the most important paper. Well, I told them what they told me last year, when they gave me no info at all...they didn't want to believe that. But finally they give us the correct information, so we can start planning another time to wed. This day my heart and dreams were broken. Oh....I cried so much. I didn't know what to do and what to say. I was miserable. We kind of knew we'll have a problem with this...but the reality hit me hard. And he was so GOOD, so patient, so loving, so kind, so strong, so caring. I'm sure it hurt him too, but he was a lot stronger than I was.
Sad smile....This picture was taken after the visit at the embassy. We went to meet up with Oualia's friends at the cafe. That was a great idea to lead my thoughts somewhere else. Sometimes, just sitting, my tears started to flow, but I was better with his friends around.
One thing Wally has been saying, "EVERYTHING HAS ITS TIME" and ta-da.. we are at a situation, where we had to practice this saying with patience.

On May 27th we had an adventurous trip to go from Rabat to Agadir. We had a 5 hour train ride from Rabat to Marrakesh, it was OK, nothing special. From Marrakesh we took a bus to Agadir.
Now there was a bit of a problem. The bus was very nice and air conditioned... the problem was, when we left, they turned off the cold air... and the outside hot air was coming in. (which, in the middle of the night was very warm...).OK, we might have set the worst place too, in the very back of the bus, but I got soooooo sick, like I've never in my life. I mean puking (in a bag, which had holes, of course...) . I was a little bit smart, when I had nothing to eat durning the day, but it was harder to throw up too.. Somebody shot me evil eyes while I was dying there. I had 3 hours of this suffering. Once I was at a point to faint if I can't get off the bus....so we stopped... after we got out of a canyon so we could get off. Awww it was terrible. And during this time, he was super strong and caring. (Once he told me he is getting sick too, I almost cried, what will I do if he is gonna start throwing up too...but he was OK). And finally we arrived, shaking, stinking I got off the bus and clean up a bit... and waited... for my body to calm down, so we can take a taxi to uncle Mohamed's home. By 5.30AM we were there, and I was showered and in bed sleeping. I never thought a cold shower would be so great and enjoyable.


MORE TO COME!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - what an adventure! Glad you got to spend some time with Wally!