9/20/2008

Another trip 2005

In 2005 we stayed local, and Timi (Gégény) flew in from Provo and we went on a road trip along the California coast. I can't say anything else, but beautiful. We wanted to go boogie boarding on the first day, but we drove too far north and the water got SO cold, I stepped back and chickened out. But at least I put my feet in the water. Of course we were not perfectly prepared here either... no reservations, only adventure. We wanted to camp out at Big Sur... but of course, in August, all the camping sites were full... so at this time, the first night, we slept in the car, if I am correct, might have been in Monterey.
We went to Pebble Beach, the 13 mile drive. It was very pretty. The weather wasn't the best, it was overcast and super foggy in the morning, but the same day we went back to see a bit more of the beauty of this place.
We visited Monterey too, had clam chowder in a bread bowl and saw lots of sail boats.



Next day we drove up to San Francisco. Fun city. We went on a harbor cruise, under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. What an experience! I never thought I would make it here. We went to Ghirardelly square, China town, drove around town having feelings like on the roller coaster.
After this boat trip, we went on a little hunt to find a camp site. We ended up UP in Mount Tamalpais. A little bit north of San Francisco. And it's really up close to the top of the mountain, above Muir Woods. Our camp site was in the so called "Spooky Forest". Well, we called it like that. When we arrived, it was so foggy, and so humid that the humidity was dripping off the moss from the trees... it was really spooky, we didn't see too far either...We had two night up here, the first was super cold (FOR ME), the next night, we tried to prepare and covered all the openings in the tent, and guess what, it cleared out and was literally warm outside... and we were dying in the tent from the heat. Yeah, nothing's good for me hehehe

We went to see the Muir Woods below Mount Tamalpais. Very tall red woods all over.

We got our stuff together headed for the Capitol... Sacramento. I expected more... I can't tell you what way... but I expected more from Sacramento... I don't ever want to go back, it wasn't too desirable for me.
Then we took a big right turn and started to go to Lake Tahoe. Before we got there, Timi told me she might know some people there, I didn't know that, she didn't mention that before. But hey, we looked them up, and they still lived there. And they were taking care of the apartments right on the beach of the lake. And they offered us one apartment, we could have had a big party there, it had like 4 rooms... and all kind of things in there... all for free for a few days. So this was the place where we relaxed. Swam in the lake, I drove around it once to see all side of it. And I loved it a lot.
We relaxed here for a few days and headed back towards Los Angeles. On our way back we drove through Yosemite National park. I mean... really drove through it. Because we didn't know when exactly head back, we couldn't make reservation.. and of course, like on our first day of this trip, there was no free campsite, so after we drove through Yosemite, we found a Rite Aid and slept in the car in the parking lot. Lovely...I'm getting used to sleeping in the car...

And on our last day of the trip we went to Sequoia National park. At least we could look around here a little bit and take some pictures.
Another wonderful trip ended here. Of course we were super exhausted, but we saw many fun and beautiful places.

No comments: