9/23/2008

More about Morocco

The TEA is very delicious. They make (here Wally makes) mint tea, in a little tiny tea pot. I think they know the art of making the tea. They serve it in a little glass, the first time I saw those cups, they reminded me of the "shot glass", but maybe it's the double in size. So, they don't drink tea from a mug... I even have a tea pot and a set of glasses too, uncle gave that to me when I left, but my tea pot is half the size of this one on the picture. You would think it's crazy to drink hot tea in super hot weather, well, I though it was crazy, but it was hotter then the weather, so I felt cooler pretty quickly. Everybody makes the tea differently, Wally pours it from really high, his sister makes it with a little foam on the top of it, I make it.... with LOTS of mess...
We were driving from Agadir to Tan Tan (it's south of Agadir). We were not deep in the desert, but the edge of it... and the second time, in about 20 minutes, the car broke down. Uncle called some people who came out to fix the car, but during that time we put all the food on the hood of the car and enjoyed our lunch, in the desert, in the heat... It was a really fun adventure, and I am totally serious about it. After this stop the car made it to our destination and back too.

The food I didn't try....I almost turned around and run from the kitchen when I saw this. There are things my stomach can take to easily...Rochida made this food, pieces of stomach, filled with special inside stuff...liver, heart, lung, fat pieces, and she made a ball out of it, and wrapped it around with intestines....and there were about 5 little balls on one line of intestine... Yeah...
One night I saw it in the 'common' plate... and I recognized the stomach... and I didn't dare trying it.

And then one morning, I was taking my laundry out to the balcony to dry... and I was in shock... because I saw these things hanging on the line...drying... I put my clothes far from these things...

Oh, don't worry, the toes on the bottom of the picture are not food. Hehehe



We were driving on the beach of Agadir, and heading for a place called "Marina Agadir", you can see that on the picture anyway.
Those are really fancy apartments and docks for sail boats. It's a nice place to walk around and do window shopping.

No comments: