We need to postpone....
I guess we failed our paperwork by ONE, by me....
You know, it's amazing how the system... (I'm kind of talking about the Hungarian system here) works... I've asked help around.... contacting the Hungarian Embassy in Morocco, several times by emails, many times by phone calls. No reply to the emails...no answers to the calls... Until today... which is already too late.
So, last year when I was in Morocco, we've got a list of things we need to do, all kind of expensive paperwork. And on the top of the list, there was one, I needed to apply at the Hungarian embassy, it's pretty much the marriage license or 'non objection to marriage', which I have to apply for HERE, but I need all Wally's info translated...then apply for this paper, THEN translate it, THEN certify it....and we just don't have time for that.... I'm leaving in less then 4 weeks...as of right now with a broken heart. Totally stressed out.
OK, you want to know about the paperwork here??? This is truly crazy and the stupidest thing ever.... I asked for a new birth certificate, it's cool, it's in 3 language, very official, it's a government record.... So I took it to the Ministry of foreign affairs to certify it, so they accept it in Morocco... OK... I can understand this. BUT when they tell me, they can't to certify it, until it's 'certified' by another ministry.... yeah... my already legal document... I had to certify and pay good money, so I certify it again so it will be acceptable in Morocco... This is why my country is going down, and truly hopefully I wish it would go down.
We pay for the stupidest things ever....come on. The certification was certifying that the stamp and the signature is true... yeah... idiots....
On the other hand, I wrote to the Moroccan consul here in Hungary, and he called me, and asked me to go in his office to talk about this thing... Now, you can see the difference and the attitude, how people want to help. This man is amazing, I've met him once, and he truly seems to try to help. I still go in, I still ask my questions, and I really hope to find answers and smooth things out.
So I am heart broken...
But trying to look at the 'positive' side of that... if there is....
While I'm in Morocco this time (I DO STILL GO!!! OH YES I DO!) we can do the rest of the paper work I need. And the paper I need from Wally, we can translate at the embassy and have it ready by the time I come home so I would just need to apply for the marriage license.)
AND, we would probably have a date of the WEDDING by the next time I go back.
AND hopefully I can have be a normal "bride" and 'worry' or be excited about the bridal things and the wedding and all that stuff. And maybe this time I will get a look into the traditional planning...and dressing and stuff like that.
So... this is the 'update' or shall I call "downdate"?
1 comment:
Oh, girl! I am so sad for you right now. I know that you and Wally just want to get married without all this government interference. I'm praying for you that this will all go smoothly. God Bless!
Post a Comment