1/03/2009

Did I tell you it's cold here??

Oh holy cow....
I was so spoiled for 9 years in South California....I did not miss this cold. As I arrived home tonight I checked the thermometer and it was 8F. You can't breath through your mouth because the air is cold...you can't breath through your nose... because it gets runny... (you are lucky if it's runny and not frozen hehehe)...They are promising -4F....through the night...and it's gonna go through the morning too when I leave for work.
I waited for my train a few minutes, and I was standing there, without my gloves for about 5 minutes, and literally I was in pain from the cold...my fingers were hurting, so the gloves slipped on my hands very quickly. I don't dare leaving the house without them, or my earmuffs, or a hat, or my scarf. I am dressed in many layers, I feel like the little kid in "Christmas story", I can't move after I'm dressed.
Work doesn't help either...Where I work, with the others, it's very close to the door...constant cold air coming on us...and the company wants to save money on not turning on the heaters.. Have you heard about insanity like that...in the 10sF. Lovely, huh?
Yeah, I just wanted to share my feelings about the COLD. I really don't like it. I miss California sun, Moroccan summer, oh... I think I prefer to sweat...
I know many of you are used to the cold weather, not all...and I am definitely used to warmer weathers.
Greetings. Happy new year. Warmer weather. Wish for spring coming soon.

No comments: