This was a trip I didn't have to plan for too much. I mean, I was excited, and was planning to get my stuff ready, but Jen (again), my travel buddy, she got on fire and started planning and having fantastic ideas. I was sorry, no white water rafting was included.. hehehe but there were other things on the plate.

We, again, were driving up California coast and our destination was Seattle, Washington.
Our first stop was San Simeon, we saw Hearst Castle. What an amazing place... yeah, it shows a man who didn't know what to do with his money....but still, beautiful. Gold gold everywhere. Look at this inside pool... in the little mosaics there is 25karat gold.. I didn't want the gold just wanted to swim in the pool. Riches, it's all I can say. If you can, you should go and visit this place.

Our next stop was Monterey. I was here 2 years before, but the weather then... was bad compare to this time. It was sunny and beautiful and we saw more than before. And more colors too. I loved Pebble Beach, adn I would go there any time if I had a chance. And Monterey is a lovely city to visit.

After Monterey, we drove up to San Francisco. We did some fun things, eat good food (clam chowder)... hehehe I mention this the second time on my blog... I don't eat creepy crallies...I mean shrimp and things in a shell... but I do love clam chowder. We went on a cruise again, and you can see San Francisco behind Jen. It's always fun to visit SF. And the weather was on our side again.
Our next stop was Crater Lake. Yeah, this was the only time the weather wasn't too kind. When we got there the fog was settling

down and we saw almost nothing from the lake...very disappointing. And it was raining and COLD. We set up our tent and treated ourselves with a very nice dinner in a restaurant (dry and warm place). After we watched a movie (The Holiday) in the car... and went to sleep listening to the rain falling down. BUT the next morning the fog burned up very quickly so before we left the lake we looked around and found this beautiful blue crater lake, and everything was so clear and fresh.

We arrived in Portland next. Such a neat city. That's a place I can imagine to live in . We went to down town...OK, it's funny, compare to LA down town... Portland is VERY clean, and you can find parking any time on the streets. We went to this super big book store...it has his own map... If you need info about it... well ask Jen, she knows more about it than me.
We went to this Chinese Museum in down town. Very nice and interesting. Our camping was nice too, only we were close to the train tracks and every time the train passed by we could feel it on the ground. We saw lots of waterfalls and went to the famous rose garden. That was amazing with ALL those beautiful colorful roses. LOVED IT!!!!

This is just a little part of the rose garden.
And look at Jen, you should do what she does. Stop! And smell the roses. Enjoy life.
I felt like in Heaven, I love gardens and flowers and especially roses, so this place was for me, the only problem we couldn't take them with us.

Jen and I in Portland, close to our camp site. At sunset.
Self portrait. We like to do that, I like to do that.

Finally at our destination, in Seattle, WA. We made it up to the Space Needle too. Yep, we are up there on this picture. I had a friend long time ago and she sent me many postcards from Seattle and I longed to go to that place and maybe go up to the Space Needle there.
And no, we were not sleepless in Seattle.
Here, we waved to Canada, from Port Angeles, and turned around and went home... again. We always return home. It was fun. Jen is a great companion to travel with!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment