First, we drove from Los Angeles to Salt Lake City, and from there, we headed up north through Utah and Idaho to Wyoming.
We camped at a KOA camping in Jackson Hole, and I was pleasantly surprised there. Very neat place. Our tent looked over the Snake River, very pretty site.
And this same evening we already had a wonderful program planned. We went to see the Bar J. Wranglers in the city of Jackson Hole. These cowboys are amazing, they sing and entertain and super fun. So guys, if you ever have a chance to travel that way, it's worth to see them. And the food they served was good too. (And girls, there are some hot cowboys there too)Maybe later I find the videos I took and can attach a little bit of their program, they are super talented with the music and very funny too. We were in pain from the laughing by the end of the night.
After this fun evening we had a super day. Jen and I decided to go white water rafting. Yep. We've never done it before so we wanted to try it. And we even had our (or mostly my last will taped... just in case). It was a "small" boat and took a family of 5, Jen and I and our tour guide. The rafting was about 2 hour long with nice cold water around and all over us. I never regret that I tried it, I want to do it again!!!

When we finished of course we were soaking wet, but we wanted to go back again right after, but we had other plans in our agenda, which was to reach Yellow Stones. And pretty much this was our destination. We spent several days here, but as the night got drastically freezing cold... we cut our trip a day shorter.
We saw deer, bison and a lots of other kind of creatures, and NO we did not see bears, even though we camped out in "bear country". Lucky us.

Jen and I enjoying the colors of these special lakes

At Fairy Falls

There is a geyser behind me.

Jen beside the frosted something, it looked like a BIG white frosted cake.

OK, the smell wasn't all that good everywhere. This was some kind of sulfur-ish smell... not too pleasant
On our last morning, before the time to get up, I was up, and in the car, running the heat...It was cold, 28F...and my air matrace went flat, and... yeah all my excuses... I was freezing. We were supposed to stop at the Grand Tetons for a night... but after this morning, we could not stay another night. We drove by the Tetons and took some amazing pictures there too. After the Tetons on our way home we stopped my SLC and went home to relax.
At the Grand Tetons. We had amazing view from this spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment