
So we have beets in the garden. Lucky, the last big hale storm, that destroyed everything in the garden above ground, didn't hurt the things growing below. Look at the size of these beets!!!

It took a bit of work out for my dad to cut this beet in half. And today we are canning beets. They are cooking right now, so I have time to post this blog. Beets are good!!

And my favorite thing in the garden is the fig tree. It's still very young, but you can see the small figs at the bottom of the leaves. We won't eat these this year...but if they won't freeze during winter we'll have big figs next year. It's very exciting!!! And I LOVE figs.
By the way, what did Adam and Eve do with the fig leaves??? Look at these leaves... hide nothing, they really had to make aprons from them. :)
2 comments:
I think those are honestly the biggest beets I've ever seen...
How fun that is!!! Our garden produced some good stuff this year, but wow...think of the great red soup you could make with those beets!! :-)
Rachel
Post a Comment